- Grab a kettlebell or dumbbell. 53 lbs KB used in the video.
- Get into a lunge or kneeling position.
- Place the weight on top of the knee as seen above.
- Lunge forward, using weight to increase tension through the calf musculature.
- With the opposite leg, move as far into hip extension as you can to stretch contralateral hip flexors.
- Hold this position for 90 seconds, or mobilize similarly to the Multi-Planar Calf Stretch.
- If you experiencing pinching in the front of your ankle, work on joint mobility prior to stretching.
- You should not have low back pain with this stretch. If so, move out of hip extension into a more neutral position. Work on hip extension and hip flexor flexibility.
- Flexibility, ankle mobility, hip extension