- Start in a traditional Runner’s stretch position. This is a lunge forward, while keeping back leg straight and heel down, toes straight ahead.
- Perform this stretch in the three positions show: Anterior, Anterolateral (crossing over), and Anteromedial (wide stance).
- Hold for 90 seconds per position, per side.
- Straight back knee: Gastrocnemius
- Bent back knee: Soleus
- If you experiencing pinching in the front of your ankle, work on joint mobility prior to stretching.
- Flexibility, ankle mobility