Scroll to Top
Upper Extremity Focus
Series 1, Movement #6/7
- Place arm up and through a thick mobility band.
- Turn and face towards where the band is anchored.
- Place arm into a “Y” position.
- Slowly lean/lunge forward until you feel a stretch in the latissimus/back/armpit.
- Contract your into the resistance of the band for 3-5 seconds, then relax.
- Upon relaxing, take a deep breath and lean forward, increasing stretch.
- Repeat up to 10 times, and perform on the other side.
- You should feel a stretch, not a pinch. If you are getting a “pinch,” work on glenohumeral joint mobility and readdress.
- Change the angle of your shoulder to target different fibers.
- Maintain a neutral spine, don’t let lumbar hyperextend/hyperlordosis
- Posterior shoulder flexibility, shoulder mobility