Scroll to Top
Upper Extremity Focus
Series 1, Movement #5/7
- Place arm up and through a thick mobility band.
- Turn and face away from where the band is anchored.
- Place arm into a “Y” position.
- Slowly lean/lunge forward until you feel a stretch in the pectoralis.
- Contract your pectoralis into the resistance of the band for 3-5 seconds, then relax.
- Upon relaxing, take a deep breath and move torso forward, increasing stretch.
- Repeat up to 10 times, and perform on the other side.
- You should feel a stretch, not a pinch. If you are getting a “pinch,” work on glenohumeral joint mobility and readdress.
- Change the angle of your shoulder to target different fibers.
- Pectoralis flexibility, shoulder mobility