- Grab a light dumbbell in one hand. Lift the same side foot off of the ground.
- Perform a single leg Romanian dead lift, touching the weight inside of your stance foot.
- Raise weight from the floor, rotate and reach overhead. Follow the weight with your eyes/head, rotating as you elevate the weight.
- Hold this position for 1-3 seconds, with focus on overhead shoulder stability.
- With control, reverse this motion back to starting position, and repeat.
- Perform 5 repetitions on each side.
- Try to maintain a neutral spine throughout the RDL. Modify how low you descend if you cannot maintain a neutral spine.
- Use a light weight, and progress slowly overtime. This movement is about control. Progressive overload is key.
Motor control, core stability, spinal mobility, overhead shoulder stability.